Anyone else do the Guardian online footy quiz?

BoringOldFan

It's better to burn out than to fade away...
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
9,188
Thread starter #1
Guardian Football Quiz.

There's usually a new one every day, and as they use the same url, a click on the above link should get you to the current one.

I got 9 out of 10 right today :D - my best ever score.

Got the first one wrong :roll:
 

Bill_Oddie

Everything in Moderation
Staff
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
19,120
#2
7 on 10.

Not bad. Gutted I got the Milan one wrong, but the other 2: Curtis and world cup loser it was one of 2 and I got neither right. Where's the justice?
 
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
14,468
#3
Yep got 9/10 today, the only one i got wrong was george Curtis, never herad of him. Bah!

Tomorrow = full house. :D
 

BoringOldFan

It's better to burn out than to fade away...
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
9,188
Thread starter #5
everlong said:
got 6

got the kanu, curtis, world cup and sillet ones wrong
Curtis and Sillett were the two men squealing like girls when Coventry beat us in the '87 Cup Final. Came back early from a holiday in Thailand to see that game, so not likely to forget those bastards, sorry, Coventry legends.

I guessed the Kanu and Hungary ones (well I knew Hungary lost to Brazil in one final).
 

ever

Frog-Mod
Staff
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Messages
23,579
#7
is there a new quiz posted every day, i quite enjoyed that, if so im going to go home and read "my big book of footballing knowledge that you should know but your too stupid to"
 

bungle4

Active Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Messages
551
#8
yeh, the guardian sports page is good.

check out the martin jol pictures in 'gallery', the soprano's one looks like it's meant to be!

some good trivia in the knowledge bit as well, can wither away an hour of every day at work on there
 

BoringOldFan

It's better to burn out than to fade away...
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
9,188
Thread starter #10
everlong said:
is there a new quiz posted every day, i quite enjoyed that, if so im going to go home and read "my big book of footballing knowledge that you should know but your too stupid to"
As I wrote in my original post, everlong ( :roll: :wink: ) there's usually a new one every day. You also get a little comment on how well you've done after you click for results which is sometimes amusing.

I wouldn't bother reading up in a book, though. My only tip is that there's usually a few questions from other football articles on the site, so read those first if you are taking it seriously.

After John Peel died last year, the whole quiz was about him. I got all ten right.

OK hands up who's surprised at that?

Thought not :wink: .
 

BoringOldFan

It's better to burn out than to fade away...
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
9,188
Thread starter #12
There's a general sports quiz about the past week's events on the BBC web site.

I got 9/10 on this too - including the Tina Turner question!

I'm just a lucky guesser today.
 
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
18,143
#13
It's not working properly. I'm not getting the answers :( what are the correct answers BOF? I reckon i got about 12.
 

BoringOldFan

It's better to burn out than to fade away...
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
9,188
Thread starter #15
bomberH said:
It's not working properly. I'm not getting the answers :( what are the correct answers BOF? I reckon i got about 12.
12? Out of 10? Which quiz, bH?

Have to go to a meeting now but will get back to you on this later.
 
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
18,143
#16
BoringOldFan said:
bomberH said:
It's not working properly. I'm not getting the answers :( what are the correct answers BOF? I reckon i got about 12.
12? Out of 10? Which quiz, bH?

Have to go to a meeting now but will get back to you on this later.
:) That was me being confident... :wink:
 

BoringOldFan

It's better to burn out than to fade away...
Joined
Sep 20, 2005
Messages
9,188
Thread starter #17
bomberH said:
BoringOldFan said:
bomberH said:
It's not working properly. I'm not getting the answers :( what are the correct answers BOF? I reckon i got about 12.
12? Out of 10? Which quiz, bH?

Have to go to a meeting now but will get back to you on this later.
:) That was me being confident... :wink:
Really sorry I didn't post the answers for you bH. Of course, they have now changed for today's quiz.

If you want to have a go at that, I have cut and pasted the answers into Notepad, so can let you know what they are if you can't get them again.

I got 6/10 today, so I expect to be dropped after this dip in form. Here's that link again.
 

Bill_Oddie

Everything in Moderation
Staff
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
19,120
#19
7 again for me. Mr Consistency.

Just call me Ledley and add an extra 8 inches to my schlong.
 
Top