- Feb 1, 2005
Here we go, another deadline day!
Usually these begin with massive amounts of enthusiasm and triple doses of optimism and end with people reaching for their shotguns and hunting down Daniel Levy. And why would today be any different?
Opening post version 1:
Aurier? Possibly. Barkley? Yeah right. Exotic forward? Do me a favour. So that's maybe one, if we're very very lucky two. We've been here before.
Opening post version 2:
We're signing Aurier! We're signing Barkley! We're signing a forward! Yippee!
There are rumours that our chairman went into a dead faint on hearing the news that Liverpool signed a player ONE YEAR early. What is that all about? Transfers and how they are done is a fast changing entity now, can bashful change with the times?
I don't fucking think so
Not in his range
To ever change
Eye-ho, Eye-ho, Eye-ho!
I further hear that as he lay on the floor his secretary was wafting air over him her heaving bosoms hypnotised him but nobody knows the key phrase to snap him out of it. I suggest they try saying "I'd like to move the goalposts" at oooh, I dunno, 10 to eleven?
But whatever, much like your mums it's going to be a wild ride.
HOW WE'LL ROLL TODAY
If previous deadline days are anything to go by things are going to be fast paced, so we'll be providing the usual "Live Ticker" thread into which we'll post the latest ITK, media news and stuff like that. Which will make it easy to keep up with the latest shenanigans and goings on.
So enjoy the ride, enjoy the Levy witch hunt later tonight and as usual, enjoy the pleasures of the palm.
For clarity, things that should go in this thread:
- Any ITK about Spurs
- This should also be put into the ticker so make a mod aware of it
- Unless asked not to, also post it in the RO
- Any transfer news directly relating to Spurs, e.g.
- If we sign Aurier today it can be talked about in here
- If media (Sky, etc) say we've bid for someone it can go in here.
- Any breaking news directly relating to us signing (or selling) someone
- Any news about one of our targets that doesn't relate to us directly, e.g.
- If someone we've been linked to is reported to be signing for someone else.
- Any random twitter "news" from a random account
Last edited by a moderator: