Please Register to access the whole of the site and to post on the forums.
Discussion in 'The Summer 2017 Transfer Archive' started by Archibald&Crooks, Aug 31, 2017.
We'll be posting stuff as it happens in here. Your one-stop resource for deadline day transfer news!
@robertgoulet made an excellent post late last night
Players specified by ITK
Aurier - Done
Sessegnon - Player wants out, agent wants him out, club seemingly willing to sell but manager is throwing a fit and threatening to quit if they sell. Unlikely to happen this window.
Sancho - Up to Man City. Player wants to leave. Most think this will get done, just not sure when.
Barkley - Herc says slim chance due to injury. Likely that we'd go back in for him in January and if Everton don't play ball we'd come to an agreement w/ Barkley to sign in summer on a free. Grey Fox says he wouldn't bank on Barkley. Trix says if Barkley doesn't move this window he could see him re-signing w Everton, as he wants to make the England squad for the World Cup and does not want to sit all year.
Moussa Dembele - Herc says close the thread. Ain't happening.
Demarai Gray - We are interested, but not at the price (30M). He is 3rd choice of our wide forward targets.
Andre Gomes - There is at least some interest, but we will only do a loan if we can buy with no clause against us.
Divock Origi - We are interested, Poch liked him before he went to Liverpool.
- Jehovah/Goat - Clear as mud. Most recently Andre Gomes (seems most likely) and Gelson Martins (seems most wanted) seem to be the leaders in the clubhouse. Per Rob, the cryptic was made especially difficult as they do not want the name out, and if the name is guessed they will not confirm it until after the window (or after the player signs). That said, there is a long list of names (Pastore, Di Maria, Josh King, Moise Kean, Christian Pulisic/Bale/Benteke, Rabiot, Renato Sanches, Sancho, Suso, Barkley, Milner, Cavani, Dembele, Origi, Gabriel Jesus, Jesus Navas)that were deemed "incorrect" by A&C.
Gelson Martins - While the link to Jehovah was tenuous (coach named Jesus, Gelson name meaning, his number is 77 and there is a Song 77 - Sing to Jehovah), some ITK reaction has revealed that it's possibly got legs. Breezer "Winnered" a post about Gelson, Grey Fox "Disliked" a post questioning whether Breezer's fat fingers meant to hit a different button, and Gards liked a tweet about Gelson. Additionally, Hercules has ignored his name altogether, even though he's readily poo-pood or confirmed other links.
- Wide Forward - Herc says one wide forward is very close. We are looking at 3, with Gray being 3rd choice. He says you can be very sure at absolute minimum we will get 1 at this position, possibly even 2.
- AM/10 - Herc says we are hopeful on an AM/10
- We can afford a big fee, Levy is willing to pay a large large fee, it's the wages that are the problem (as always).
- Herc has trouble spelling but he blames it on a myriad of things (phone autocorrect, being in meetings, etc). Herc is also a legend.
- Some dopes were PMing ITK posters, don't be that dope.
- All ITK seem to be VERY positive. Almost TOO positive. It's scary. Hold on to your butts
JJetset - No to Mahrez.
The BBC: Spurs have bid for Llorente accepted
Sky Sports News - no interest at all in Mahrez, Llorente could happen but awaiting Swansea to sign replacement. Interest in Andre Gomes.
Sky Sports News
Spurs sign Serge Aurier - confirmed
Bubble44 whored this ITK from hertyid
Sky Sports News (SSN)
Llorente having medical
Hertyid on COYS "one or two more"
Sky sources: #Spurs discussing a potential deal for Andre Gomes at #Barca
Daily Mail (fuck me) Andre Gomes to Spurs almost done. Mauricio Pochettino's influence has been crucial. Gomes had been keen on WHUFC to link with Jose Fonte
Sky Sports News: looking increasingly likely Gomes staying at Barca
Gwillam Ballgag: Gomes deal off
Sky Sports News: Ross Barkley deal agreed with Chelsea, fee of £30m and he travelled down for medical but had a last minute change of mind and turned it down.
Sky Sports News: Barkley pulled out DURING his medical and is now on his way back to Everton.
Sky Sports News: Merson is baffled by the Barkley news.
To be fair Merson is baffled when asked what is 1+1
Sky Sports News: Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri live on the phone........Barkley changed his mind and will review his position/options in January
Separate names with a comma.