Please Register to access the whole of the site and to post on the forums.
Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by hutchiniho, Apr 14, 2010.
Good to go for the upcoming draft
Tebow to the Patriots is my tip. Out of the Brady mould
Big Trade for the Dolphins today.
Quite happy with that, First star receiver in the team in a long time.
The buzz that that Ginn will be traded away makes that decision to take him in the first round now officially a shocker tho.
No need to take another WR in R1 this year now too. Pick plus def the hardest position to draft.
Just annoyed that the eagles got rid of McNabb. I don't have the faith in Kolb that they appear to have.
I think Jets have done well in the off-season.
Don't know enough about college football players to know who to be excited about in the draft.
As you can guess, I'm bored.
Eek - Shock pick
:lol: - Stupid pick
1. St. Louis - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2.Detroit - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3. Tampa Bay - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
4. Washington - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma Eek
5. Kansas - Eric Berry, SS, Tennessee
6. Seattle - Russel Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
7. Cleveland - Joe Haden, CB, Florida :evil:
8. Oakland - Rolando McClain, LB, 'Bama
9. Buffalo - C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
10. Jacksonville - Tyson Alulau, DE, California
11. San Fran (From Chicago through Denver) - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
12. San Diego (From Miami) - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State :lol: (He missed all of last season with an injury)
13. Philly (From San Fran through Denver) - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
14. Seattle (From Denver) - Earl Thomas, SS, Texas
15. NY Giants - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida
16. Tennessee - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
17. San Fran (From Carolina) - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
18. Pittsburgh - Maurike Pouncy, C, Florida :dance:
19. Atlanta - Sean Witherspoon, LB, Missouri
20. Houston - Kareem Jackson, CB, 'Bama
21. Cincy - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma
22. Denver (From NE) - Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
23. Green Bay - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
24. Dallas (From Philly through Denver & NE) - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
25. Denver (From Baltimore) - Tim Tebow, QB, Florida :lol: (Ryan Leaf Mk. II)
26. Arizona - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
27. NE (From Dallas) - Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
28. Miami (From San Diego) - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
29. NY Jets - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State :evil:
30. Detroit (From Minnesota) - Jahvid Best, RB, California
31. Indianapolis - Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
32. New Orleans - Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
33. St. Louis - Rodger Saffold, OT, Indiana
34. Minnesota (From Detroit) - Chris Cook, DB, Virginia
35. Tampa Bay - Brian Price, DT, UCLA
36. Kansas - Dexter McCluster, RB, Ole Miss
37. Philly (From Washington) - Nate Allen, FS, South Florida
38. Cleveland - T.J. Ward, DE, Oregon Eek / :lol:
39. Tampa Bay (From Oakland) - Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
40. Miami (From Seattle through San Diego) - Koa Misi, DE, Utah
41. Buffalo - Torell Troup, DT, Central Florida :lol:
42. NE (From Chicago through Tampa Bay & Oakland) - Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona
43. Baltimore (From Miami through Denver) - Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas :evil: (He's just what the Ravens need)
44. Oakland (From Jacksonville through NE) - Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas
45. Denver - Zane Beadles, OT, Utah
46. NY Giants - Linval Joseph, DT, East Carolina
47. Arizona (From Tennessee through NE) - Daryl Washington, LB, TCU (loved the groans from the Arizona fans when announced)
48. Carolina - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame (Great pick at 48)
49. San Fran - Taylor Mays, FS, USC
50. Kansas (From Atlanta) - Javier Arenas, CB, 'Bama
51. Minnesota (From Houston) - Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford (AP's going to lose his goalline duties)
52. Pittsburgh - Jason Worilds, DE/OLB, Virginia Tech Eek / :evil: (That's pissed me off. We should be addressing our D-Line or shocking secondary!)
53. NE - Jermaine Cunningham, DE, Florida
54. Cincy - Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida
55. Dallas ( From Philly) - Sean Lee, LB, Penn State
56. Green Bay - Mike Neal, DT, Purdue
57. Baltimore - Terrence Cody, DT, 'Bama (Cody + Ngata + Kelly= Eek)
58. Houston (From Arizona through NE) - Ben Tate, RB, Auburn
59. Cleveland (From Dallas through Philly) - Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee
60. Seattle (From San Diego) - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
61. NY Jets - Vlad Ducasse, OT, Massachusetts
62. NE (From Minnesota through Houston) - Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida
63. Indianapolis - Pat Angerer, LB, Iowa
64. New Orleans - Charles Brown, OT, Southern Cal
Miami need a good safety now and maybe another WR. Don't have a clue who the guys that they drafted are, but they fill their needs.
I'm surprised the Browns passed on Clausen.
I'm surprised they passed on Colt McCoy. The Browns seemed to have wanted him for weeks.
Some of the adverts on this American stream are great. Sears are advertising lawnmowers but are calling them tractors. Kay jewelers are selling necklaces for Mothers Day at $799.99 Eek
:bang: Another ******* WR! With #8 ranked CB Brandon Ghee, #7 ranked OT Bruce Campbell, #3 ranked DE Everson Griffen, #6 ranked RB Jonathan Dwyer and others still available, we take the #17 ranked WR. We now nearly have as many wide receivers as we do offensive linemen.
The unpublished facgtors must play a really important role in draft selection with I guess medical info and personal qulaities and atributes are the key ones.
As on the surface some draft picks didn't quite make sense to me. Why would the Dolphins passes on Kindle and take Misi at the start of the 2nd? I thought they'd actually trade up to guarente the pick.
Thought the Bills would snap up a top 5 QB too.
I knows this is slightly early, but just a thought for fantasy football next season.
Would you guys agree that rather than the basic one point for every 25 passing yards, 10 rushing yards or 10 receiving yards we should make a swap over to rewarding .05 points for every passing yard and .10 points for every rushing and receiving yard?
So, if I have Randy Moss, for example and he puts up 139 yards, I would get 13.9 points, not just 13. This way that last nine yards will not be overlooked.
Four or five players contibuting an extra 0.7 or so points could make quite a difference.
If think this change would be possible with out standard ESPN league.
I'm happy with the Ravens picks. :up:
Green bay got a very good first pick!
an OT to finally give A-rod the cover he needs
HUGE NEWS ALERT: The big news is that Favre is still undecided about whether or not he'll play this season. Retire already! I'm sick of listening to this every bloody year.
Also Palestine, Texas has an Adrian Peterson Day.
any news on the draft this year? and if there is a spot, can we do it on nfl.com now that it is (apparently) a lot more customisable?
i am IN for fantasy football!
Yep i'm keen. love draft day.
I don't mean to gatecrash this thread but I'm the commish of a fantasy football league on Yahoo and I've started it up again this year. It's in our 2nd year now and last season was a lot of fun but a few people have dropped out this time round so I have slots open if any of you are interested in playing in more than 1 league this coming season.
It's currently a 10-man league (willing to increase to 12-man if there is enough demand) which plays with standard Yahoo settings (identical to ESPN settings by the sound of it too) and includes fractional points also (so those extra few yards will definately make a difference). We have a live online draft and are planning to conduct it around the 10th August but is subject to change if people can't make it. :wink:
I know I don't post much here but I've been a registered member for some time on these forums and am an avid NFL fan wanting to share some banter during the season, and FF is a great way of doing that. I'm pretty competitive too, mind! :grin:
If any of you are interested drop me a PM or reply in this thread and I can give you more details about league rules and settings and send you the league password if you want in. All I ask in return is that you be active during the entire season. Thanks!
I'll partake in the draft again if another one is ran.
Just doing an email draft now with some work buddies which is quite a good system as it allows everyone to pick even though it takes a bit more time.
Count me in on a SC NFL fantasy league please :wink:
I'm in again this year. Although I suspect the Steelers will have a gash season.
Count me in please..........not exactly an NFL expert but Im watching every week so may as well make it interesting.
Separate names with a comma.